What to pack for a business trip to Barcelona
Barcelona is one of the most popular destinations in Europe, for tourism and business travel. With an international airport in the city and two more close by, Barcelona is easy to reach from all around the world. The city offers many spaces for meetings, such as the Barcelona World Trade Center, and everything else you need to have a good business trip. If you are going on a business trip to Barcelona: congratulations, we are sure you will love this beautiful city. Barcelona is famous for Gaudi´s masterpieces such as the Sagrada Familia, amazing food and a lively atmosphere. In fact, here are 38 reasons why you should visit Barcelona.
Of course, creating a business trip packing list is very different from a vacation packing list. So here are our tips on how to pack for a business trip to Barcelona.
Creating a business trip packing list
A specialized business trip packing list will make sure that you arrive well-prepared and don’t forget anything important. What to pack for a business trip also depends on your destination. It is worth checking the weather forecast as well as any local customs or dress codes. When it comes to Barcelona, the weather rarely gets cold, so you won’t need heavy winter coats. But if you are going to go on a business trip to Barcelona in winter or fall, you might get some rain, so it would be a good idea to pack an umbrella or raincoat. In contrast, during the summer, temperatures will be high, so warm sweaters can be left at home.
Business trip essentials
All business trip packing lists start with the essentials. To have a good business trip, there are a few things you must not forget:
- Travel documents, such as passport or ID card, boarding passes and hotel reservations. We recommend taking both a physical and an electronic copy.
- Wallet, with credit card/debit card, some cash and other important cards, such as a health insurance card.
- Electronics that you will need for work, such as a laptop or tablet and your phone. And don’t forget the chargers!
- Dayplanner/notebook, pen and business cards. Business trips are a great opportunity to network.
A good rule of thumb is anything that you would take with you to the office; you should also take with you on a business trip.
What clothes to pack for a business trip
The amount of clothing you pack depends on the length of your business trip. You won’t need as much for an overnight trip compared to a week-long conference, but the basics are the same:
- A pair of underwear and socks a day, plus on extra of each.
- A suit in a neutral color. Instead of a full suit, you can also take separate bottoms and jackets, as long as they match in color.
- Several matching shirts or blouses.
- A belt and two ties that go with the suit.
- Pyjama’s and, if relevant, work-out clothes.
- 2 pairs of shoes that match all the selected outfits. Pick shoes based on the itinerary of your business trip, especially when it comes to heel height.
Pick a comfortable and casual outfit that you can wear while traveling to and from Barcelona.
How to pack for a business trip
To avoid early check-ins and long lines at luggage claim, it is advisable to travel with a carry-on only. Most airlines will allow you to take a small trolley and a laptop bag or purse on board. By picking versatile clothes that you can mix and match, you can maximize your wardrobe. You won’t need to bring as many items to still wear something new every day. You can also make use of your hotel laundry and dry cleaning services.
Pack toiletries in a clear plastic bag, according to EU airlines regulations.
Unfortunately, Barcelona is known for pick-pocketing. Be sure to keep your valuables in a secure bag or purse and keep an eye on them at all times.
What to pack for leisure time
Turn your business trip to Barcelona into a bleisure trip, by adding a few days at the beginning or end of your trip. It is a great opportunity to relax and enjoy everything the city has to offer. You could even take a day trip to one of the lovely towns or beaches around Barcelona.
If you are choosing to extend your business trip into a bleisure trip, you will need to extend your business trip packing list as well:
- Comfortable shoes for exploring.
- Weather appropriate casual clothing.
- A nice dress for going out at night.
- A bathing suit.